Page Tagline

Registration Process

University of Silicon Valley offers online registration

Students are notified via email when registration is open and made aware of important deadlines. Students are responsible to review the Academic Calendar for specific dates and deadlines. Open Registration extends up to the week prior to the start of a semester. Once open registration closes, students are no longer able to use the student portal to add/drop classes (see add/drop period).

All active students have access to the Online Student Portal where they can find academic, financial and curricular information, along with a degree audit and course schedules. For further registration assistance a guide is available in the Student Portal. Students may consult with their designated Academic Advisor.



A student may not enroll in a course for which all prerequisites have not been satisfied. A student may not register for a class and its prerequisites in the same semester. For information on prerequisites and co-requisites, please see the course descriptions in the Catalog.

Add/Drop Period Procedures

The Add/Drop Period closes at the end of the first week of the semester (7 calendar days). Students wishing to add or drop classes after registration closes must complete an Add/Drop form. The form can be located through the Student Portal.

Students that do not attend a course in which they have registered may be dropped from the course by the end of the first week. Once dropped from the course seat availability is not guaranteed.

Withdrawal from classes

Students may add and drop a class only within the first week of a semester without any academic penalty. Any drop after the Add/Drop period is considered a withdrawal and the student will receive a withdrawal grade (W) if it is within the withdrawal period. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for deadlines.

Change of Program

A student may change programs by completing a Change of Program Form available from the Registrar’s Office and obtaining the required signatures. All course and admissions requirements for the new program must be satisfied to qualify for the degree sought. A change of program does not change the student’s academic standing (Satisfactory Academic Progress). The transaction is not official until the Change of Program Form is processed by the Registrar’s Office and a new degree plan is assigned. Students are limited to a maximum of three (3) changes of program.

Transcripts and Other Official Documents

Request for official transcripts must be submitted in writing by student or alumni. A $10 fee will be assessed for each official transcript. Any request for transcripts or other official documents can be provided by the Registrar’s Office.

For Official Transcript Orderingplease follow the link below and you will be redirected to the National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering system.

For Unofficial Transcript Ordering or Other Documentsplease print the Document Request Form or obtain from the Registrar’s Office. You must use a black or blue ink pen when completing and signing the form. Return to the Registrar’s Office via fax (408-701-0601), email to or mail attention to Registrar’s Office. Print the Document Request Form.

Document Hold

No official documents, including diplomas, will be released until all financial obligations are met and library materials, equipment, or other university property is returned.

Degree Verifications

University of Silicon Valley no longer provides verifications over the phone or faxed requests. The University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:

  • Web:

  • Mail: National Student Clearinghouse, 2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171

Henry Cogswell College Students

Please be advised that students trying to obtain transcripts from Henry Cogswell College may contact the Washington Student Achievement Council at

Change of Contact Information

It is the student's responsibility to maintain up-to-date contact information. An Update to Student Information form should be submitted to the Registrar's Office immediately after a change occurs. The form can also be found on the Student Portal.